Specialist cover for you, your horse and your tack.
Our specialist equine cover has been designed specifically for riders and owners as well as their horses. Our cover is flexible to ensure our clients only pay for the insurance cover required.Get a quote
Equine Insurance from A-Plan
Our equine specialists based in our Shrewsbury branch are keen riders and horse owners so they understand how demanding it can be to own a horse or pony, and what you’ll need from your insurance.
What we offer:
- Flexible cover that can be adapted so you only pay for what you need
- You can add tack cover for additional peace of mind
- Our friendly equine team are qualified to advise you and have real life experience with horses
- Speak directly to a member of our team – no press one for this, 2 for that
Our equine experts help guide you through the claims process
What can you cover?
We understand that owning a horse or pony can be very demanding. Insurance can be complex, but we always aim to place you with the best value insurer whilst meeting or exceeding your expectations. Here are just some of the features you could get:
- Veterinary fees covered
- Public liability cover
- Horsebox Insurance available
What can't be covered?
- Horses not named on the policy
- Any tack or equipment that you haven't asked us to cover
Why come to A-Plan for equine?
We have yours and your horse’s best interests at heart
Here at A-Plan you get to speak to real people who really know their stuff. We get to know your requirements and then aim match you to the right insurer helping to save you time and money.
We gather information about your horse and requirements to offer you a competitive policy.
When it comes to claims or renewals, we’ll help make sure everything goes smoothly, so you don't need to worry.
Your very own equine insurance expert will give you tailored advice over the phone or pop into our Cheltenham branch.
We put you and your horse first.
We work carefully with selected insurers to get you our best price
We minimise work for our client’s behalf by handling the claims process.
When it's time to renew we get in touch to see what's changed and find you the best cover all over again.
If you need to make a claim on your horse insurance, we take the pressure off with our claim service. Rest assured that we will be with you all the way and we’ll help liaise with the insurer for you.
What you need to tell us to get a quote
You’ll need these details to hand when you call for an equine insurance quote:
- Details about the policy holder if you’re insuring yourself:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- If you’re insuring horses or ponies:
- Name of the horse(s)
- Where the horses or ponies are kept
- Historic claims information on the horse you’re looking to insure
- You’ll need to specify tack items over £500
Talk to us to save yourself time and moneyTry us out and see how we can help save money and make finding the right insurance cover that little bit easier for you.